Derbyshire independent living

Safe places to live and tenancy-based support for people experiencing mental ill-health

What we do

(This service was formerly called i-Decide Derbyshire.)

If you are experiencing mental ill-health and need support to maintain your home or to find a more suitable place to live, we can help.

We provide tenancy-based support via one-to-one visits in your own home and drop-in sessions at one of our local P3 Navigators (see below), as well as safe places to live in the community.

Support is available in the following areas:

  • Erewash
  • South Derbyshire
  • Chesterfield
  • North East Derbyshire
  • Bolsover
  • Amber Valley
  • High Peak
  • Derbyshire Dales

Who we support

We can support you if:

  • You are aged 16 or over
  • You need housing-related support (or are currently homeless)
  • Your mental health is impacting on your day-to-day life
  • You are a resident of, or have a local connection to Derbyshire (excluding Derby City)

If you have already been offered a tenancy in Derbyshire, we may be able to offer some initial 'getting started' support - call us for more details.

How we can help

We know that one size doesn’t fit all, and our team of experienced support workers will work with you to ensure that support packages are tailored to your individual requirements.

We can work alongside you to build confidence in a number of areas to ensure you are able to stay independent in your home, such as budgeting, improving daily living skills, developing supportive local networks, as well as accessing specialist services.

How to get help

Please take the time to read our Privacy Statement to understand how P3 will process your personal data. 

How we’re funded

This service is commissioned by Derbyshire County Council's adult care services, and delivered by P3 and the Derbyshire Federation for Mental Health.