From time to time there are things that can happen around you that provoke a strong response and reaction. You might feel angry; upset or frustrated and know that you need to do something about it.

The first thing to do is prepare your thoughts and ideas. Ask yourself these questions:

What change do I want to make?
• What will be different if I get my voice heard?
• What is my goal?

Next, identify and talk to a member of the P3 team who will help you get your voice heard and find the right solution for your concern.

Please note we have separate complaint procedures for P3 Housing and P3 Charity. Read on for more information about each below.


P3 Housing: Making a complaint

If you are a tenant with P3 Housing and wish to make a complaint about your home or the services we (or a contractor) have provided or the way in which it was delivered, follow the 2 stages below.

Stage 1

Complaints can be made in a range of ways:

  • In writing to our registered address below, or using our feedback app.
    Eagle House
    Cotmanhay Road
    DE7 HU
  • By telephoning us on 0115 8508190
  • By email to
  • In person to any P3 Housing or Charity colleague.
  • To a local Member of Parliament or local authority Councillor.

When a complaint is made, we aim to resolve and put right any issues when we are first contacted, which will be recorded as a first contact resolution. If a resolution cannot be agreed within 5 working days, or the tenant does not agree to an informal response, the complaint will be treated formally in line with this procedure. At Stage 1 your complaint will be thoroughly investigated by an appointed Investigating Manager.

Stage 2

If resolution is not possible and/or you feel your complaint has not been satisfactorily resolved, you can request for it to be reviewed by the Head of Housing or a senior manager. This request should be made within ten working days of the Stage 1 decision.

Once these two stages have been completed if you are still dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, all tenants of P3 Housing have the right to contact the Housing Ombudsman to discuss their complaint.

Further advice and support is available during any stage of the complaints process from the following organisation as appropriate:

Housing Ombudsman Service
PO Box 152
L33 7WQ
Telephone: 0300 111 3000

P3 Charity: Making a complaint

If you wish to make a complaint about a support service we have delivered or the way in which it was delivered, follow the 3 stages below.

Stage 1

Tell your support worker or their manager about your dissatisfaction and they will try and put things right.

Stage 2

If resolution is not possible and/or you feel your complaint has not been satisfactorily resolved, write to the Service Coordinator. Your complaint will be acknowledged within three days. A senior member of staff will investigate the complaint and provide a written response within 20 working days.

Stage 3

If you are not satisfied with the Stage 2 outcome you should appeal in writing within 14 days of receipt of the written response to the Head of Service. A further review will then take place and a written response will be provided within 28 working days.

Talk to us!

If you have any suggestions or are happy with the service you receive then please let us know. It’s useful to us to hear what we’re doing right. Your experience with P3 will help us to shape and improve our services.